Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 1 with Cigalects

So of course I put it off for about a week while I mentally prepared myself to quit. If you've ever tried to quit before, then you know what I'm talking about! Every time I smoked I told myself it was the last time for me to smoke and tried to enjoy every bit of it. I found myself with a love/hate relationship with smoking.

My last week of smoking came to an end and I got my electronic cigarette ready for Monday - Day 1 of quitting. I took it to work with me. I work for a large company and have my "smoke breaks" the same time everyday with a few of my co-workers. I smoked the e-cig during our first smoke break and it was really fun. All of my friends were intrigued, as was I. So at this point I was mentally becoming a quitter, but still maintained the same lifestyle. The best part was that when I went back to my cubicle, I didn't stink of smoke and get harassed by my neighbor. Woohoo!

I continued to use the e-cig throughout my day and it was fine. I wasn't constantly thinking about wanting a cigarette and I felt good that I was quitting. I was able to smoke on my drive home and didn't think about what I was going to do without a cigarette on my drive. I was never a litterer of cigarette butts and I'd always keep them until I found a garbage can so it was nice not to have to worry about what to do with my cigarette butt.

A few more puffs throughout my Day 1 (this time I even smoked INSIDE the house while I was online) and I felt great about myself as I went to bed. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment